- 4 cooked (pan-fried) salmon fillet
- 2 bunches of watercress
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 chopped shallots
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup of fish stock
- 2/3 cup of dry white wine
- 1 tsp anchovy extract
- 2/3 cup of light cream
- 1 bag of steamed vegetables
- 2 sliced lemon wedges for garnish
- Lemon juice
- Salt and cayenne pepper
- Pieces of argulas leaves
- Trim away any bruise leaves and coarse stalks. Blanche in boiling water (5min). Drain, refresh under cold running water. Drain, again, in a sieve or colander.
- Press leaves against the sides of sieve with a spoon to remove excess moisture. Chop finely and set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan and fry the shallots over medium heat (3-4 mins) or until soft. Stir in the flour and cook (1-2 mins).
- Remove pan from heat and gradually stir in the fish stock and wine. Return the pan to heat and bring sauce to boil; stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer gently (2-3mins), stirring occasionally.
- Strain the sauce into a clean pan, and then stir in the watercress with anchovy extract and cream. Warm over slow heat. Season with salt and cayenne pepper. Sharpen with lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Chili Cheese Fries
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 3-5 cups vegetable oil (fryer filled halfway)
- 3-5 cups peanut oil (fryer filled rest of the way)
- 12 oz lean ground beef
- 1 cup large chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1-14 ½ oz can diced tomatoes, untrained
- 1-8oz can tomato sauce
- 2-3 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp crushed dried basil
2.Drop sliced potatoes into a bowl of water to rinse away starch. Pour out water, then fill the bowl again and add some ice. Let potatoes sit for 1 hour in the ice water. Heat oils in fryer to 350°F.
3.In a large saucepan, cook ground beef, onion, sweet pepper, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain fat. Stir in the undrained tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, basil, and black pepper. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, covered for 20 minutes.
4.When the potatoes are done soaking, drain them. Blot fries dry with paper towel. Drop the dry fries into the hot oil and blanch for 2-3 minutes (fries should be soft in the center). Remove fries to towel to cool. When all the fries are blanched, let them sit for about 30 minutes.
5.When the fries are cool, fry them for the second time for 5-7 minutes or until fries are golden and crispy.
6.Pour fries onto a rack or towels to drain.
7.To plate, place generous amount of fries onto a plate top off with chili and sprinkle shredded cheddear cheese.
Steamed Turbot w/Passion Fruit puree garnished w/crème fraîche
- 1 turbot filet, undressed
- ½ passion fruit, peeled and pitted
- 3 tbsp crème fraîche
- To taste salt and pepper
- In the steam basket or double broiler, cook the fish for about 10-15 mins (season the fish w/salt to taste before steaming).
- Put the passion fruit and 2 tbsp of crème fraîche in a small bowl. Blend until smooth.
- Before plating the fish, pour a dollop of the puree onto the plate. Placed the fish on top (season with pepper to taste).
- Finishing touch: add the last tbsp of crème fraîche on top of the fish.