Rhubarb and Cottage Cheese Crostini
(appetizer or snack) serves: 6
- 2 rhubarb stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 slices baguette bread, cut diagonally 1/2-inch thick
- 1 oz olive oil
- about 5-6 oz cottage cheese
- In a medium saucepan, add the water and diced rhubarb. Boil, then simmer for 5-6 minutes. Add the sugar; stir, but don't mash the rhubarb.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the slices of bread and brush it with the olive oil. Bake in a toaster oven for 5-10 minutes (275 degrees) or toasted to your liking.
- When the bread is toasted, spread cottage cheese on the bread and place a spoonful of sweetened rhubarb on top.