Pan-fried Cod with Grilled Tomatoes
4 pieces skinned cod fillets (5 oz)
2 tbsp olive oil (each)
4 chopped scallions (white part only)
2/3 cup Noilly Prat dry vermouth
1 1/4 cup fish stock
3 tbsp heavy cream
2 1/2 oz chopped goat cheese (without the rind)
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh chervil
salt and ground black pepper to taste
4 plum tomatoes (cut in half)
flat leaf parsley, to garnish
- Remove any stray bones from the cod. Rinse the fillets under cold running water and pat dry with paper towel. Season well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan, then add 1 tbsp of oil; make sure to coat the bottom of pan. Add the fish and cook (without turning or moving the fish) for 4 minutes or until brown underneath. Then, turn the fish over and cook the that side for 3 minutes (or until just firm). Transfer to a serving plate and must keep hot.
- Grilled the plum tomatoes to your liking and then plate next to the fish.
For the sauce:
- Heat the remaining oil and stir-fry the scallions for 1 minute. Add the vermouth and cook until reduced by half. Add the stock and cook again until reduced by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream and goat cheese and simmer for 3 minutes. Add salt, pepper, and then stir in the herbs. Spoon sauce over the fish.
- Garnish with the flat leaf parsley.