Search....

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Experimentation: Dijon BBQ Sauce

I love thinking of something unique to make. So, I decided to make a my own BBQ sauce. I experimenting with three bases: Tomato base, Mustard Base, and Tomato/Vinegar Base. Out of the three sauces, my husband loved two. However, the first place winner was the "Dijon BBQ Sauce."

This sauce, I feel, goes extremely well with poultry. Deep-fried, fried, pan-seared, steamed, or baked. The sauce has a nice kick to it and a nice flavor. I cooked the sauce on my stove-top doing a slow simmer. To me, it helps incorporate the flavor better. The recipe for my sauce is below. Tell me what you think about it.

Dijon BBQ Sauce
  • 1 cup yellow mustard
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp worcestshire sauce
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/8 tsp Accent flavor enhancer
  • 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
  • 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
  • 2 tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tbsp cayenne pepper
  • 2 1/2 tbsp Zesty Seasoned Salt
  1. Mix all ingredients together; stir occasionally on medium heat. Let it slowly simmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment